Eberron: Inquisitive Arms
All PCs get one (1) weapon/implement/focused expertise feat at level 5 for free.
The expertise feats are incredibly good feats, and I’d see why anyone would want to take them. And for people who don’t, it could introduce a little bit of a gap between the combat optimized PCs and the not-quite-as-optimized PCs.
Fastidiousness is a Bardic Ritual, or there’s a permanent focus for it.
One of the PCs wanted to use this as an RP element, which I like. Just need to figure out if it’s a Bardic ritual, or if there’s a permanent focus for it.Fun points: Each player can accumulate points by doing cool things:
- Showing up
- RPing in combat
- Do something cinematic in combat (maybe focus this more by saying adding “instead of using a power”)
- Updating the wiki (limit one per week?)
- Bring snacks? (though, I don’t want to pressure anyone to do this)
- Arriving on time
- Contributing to the campaign’s story (create NPCs, like family members, friends, etc. I like the collaborative stuff, like when Dustin came up with the name Delvin for an NPC)
- Each player gets up to 2 points, they can give to the other players for any decent reason
- +1 bonus to a roll (5 points)
- +2 bonus to a roll (7 points)
- +1d4 to a roll (10 points)
- +1d6 to a roll (15 points)
- Treat roll as 1 or 20 (25 points)
I like the fun points idea, I think it encourages RPing, and generally making the game better for everyone. I’m a little unsure about the rewards for it though, and suggestions would be welcome.